Written by: Joachim Bartoll, July, 2018
A bowl of Diatomaceous Earth
Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is a natural product made up of fossilized remains of tiny, aquatic organisms called diatoms. Their skeletons are made of a natural substance called silica. Over a long period of time, diatoms accumulated in the sediment of rivers, streams, lakes, and oceans. Today, silica deposits are mined from these areas. Silica is very common in nature and makes up 26% of the earth’s crust by weight.
We are born with an abundance of Silica in our bodies and we constantly need it until we pass away, for the body to remain healthy and balanced. The typical human body holds roughly seven grams of silica, a sum far exceeding the figures for other important minerals, for example iron.
The richest source of silica is organ meats, but due to poor eating habits and brainwashing by the government (the insane food pyramid), most of modern society rely on poisonous foods based on grains.
In today’s grains and plant food, there is a severe shortage of silica. Years ago, the silica found in our foodstuffs was adequate, but with today’s hybrids/GMO and depleted soils, only about 1/3 of the silica needed is supplied in this kind of “food.” Diatomaceous Earth is a simple and inexpensive way to get the silica your body needs.
When Diatomaceous Earth is consumed, it works in 3 different ways:
1). As it moves through the stomach and digestive tract, it attracts and absorbs bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals. These toxins are trapped and passed out of the body. In addition, any larger parasites that happen to be in the stomach or digestive tract are killed by DE (Diatomaceous Earth).
2). Diatomaceous Earth is very hard. On the hardness scale where diamonds are a 9, DE is a 7. This is very important, because as those millions of tiny hard and sharp DE cylinders pass through the small and large intestines, they “scrub” the walls. After only a few months of taking DE, the intestine wall is no longer coated with mucus and molds but entirely clean! The advantages of this are many:
- Regular bowel movements.
- Healthier Colon. This is especially important as we get older. A clean healthy colon keeps away polyps, cancers, and ulcers. Today, many are spending thousands of dollars to get colonics to do the same thing as DE does (and without destroying the gut flora). Many users report increased energy and needing less sleep. This is a result of all the food and nutrients that are taken in being better absorbed into the blood stream. With a coated colon – many nutrients never get absorbed (which is why some people need unnatural high calorie diets to sustain or even gain weight – their digestive system is in very bad shape).
Cleaning out the colon and healing of the intestine walls also happen during prolonged fasts. By adding a small amount of DE to your electrolyte water, this effect will be both quicker and more effective.
3). A small amount of Diatomaceous Earth gets absorbed into the blood stream as silica. Silica is a key common component of the earth’s natural rock, sands and clays. Some DE is even found in humans and animals within their skeletons, since it helps form bone. Silica is an important component of human ligaments, cartilage and musculature and is also abundant in plants since it facilitates their growth and development. Studies have shown that it’s an essential mineral for the body to build strong bones, hair, nails and teeth and needed to carry calcium into various parts of the body.
Additional effects of adequate levels of silica:
- Joint health. Silica is responsible for the depositing of minerals into the bones, especially calcium. It speeds up the healing of fractures and also reduces scarring at the site of a fracture. Even when calcium is insufficient, the body can turn silica into calcium that the bones need.
- Healthier skin. Silica can help slow the degenerative process of connective tissue. Collagen, largely made up of silica, is the glue that holds us together. If our body has enough silica, the collagen will make us look younger. Silica helps with skin problems and injuries including itching, rashes, abscesses, boils, acne, calluses, warts, eczemas, burns, frostbite, benign skin sores, insect bites and bed sores. If you regularly follow a silica regimen, your skin will keep its young look.
Although you can get a quicker effect on your skin from dry fasting, using DE to keep your silica levels at, or just above normal, will help the process and reduce the needs for longer dry fasts.
- Beautiful growing hair. Hair at 90 micrograms per gram is almost as rich in silica as are healthy bones, which contain 100 micrograms per gram. Using a good silica supplement (such as DE) should be part of your ongoing hair care program for revitalizing hair. Silica helps to prevent baldness, stimulates healthier hair growth and assures beautiful shine, luster and strength.
- Teeth and Gums. By hardening the enamel, silica prevents cavities and preserves teeth. Silica also prevents bleeding gums, gum atrophy, and recession that causes the loosening of teeth, which could ultimately lead to tooth loss. Silica effectively fights ulceration and the decay of bones and teeth and also lessens inflammation.
- Toughens nails. Your nail plates are complex protein structures that grow four to five millimeters per month on average. With silica supplementation, fragile nails become normal within a short period of time. Silica will beautify the appearance of your nails and improve their hardness, making them shinier and less prone to breaking.
Silica lowers bad cholesterol and raises good. Silica fades age spots. Silica stimulates metabolism for higher energy levels. DE has a negative charge and bacteria have a positive charge. It is believed that it sweeps bacteria out of the body by trapping it in its honeycomb shaped skeletal form. Silica supplementation helps repair and maintain vital lung tissues and protects them from pollution. By maintaining or restoring the elasticity of lung tissues, silica reduces inflammation in bronchitis. It acts as a cough decreasing agent. Silica tones the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx, larynx) and reduces swelling because of its positive action on the lymphatic system.
Silica supplementation keeps menopause free of stress and helps to prevent many unwanted side-effects.
Cancer cannot survive in cells that have the correct levels of Silica.
Silica works with other antioxidants to prevent premature aging and to preserve youthfulness.
Silica can help prevent kidney stones and heal infections of the urinary tract. It is a natural diuretic which can increase excretion of urine by 30 percent, thus flushing the water-excreting system and restoring normal function to these vital organs.
The presence of sufficient silica in the intestines will reduce inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can cause disinfection in the case of stomach and intestinal mucus and ulcers. Silica can prevent or clear up diarrhea and its opposite, constipation.
Silica will help normalize hemorrhoidal tissues. In regulating and normalizing the bowels, silica has a pleasant side effect; it can alleviate lower back pain, which often troubles the elderly.
Silica proves effective with female discharge, abscesses and ulcers in the genital area and cervix, as well as mastitis (especially for breast feeding mothers).
The intake of silica acts as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear. Because of the beneficial effectiveness on the lymphatic system, silica can be used for swelling of the lymph nodes in the throat.
It has anti-inflammatory disinfecting, absorbing and odor binding effects.
Silica can normalize circulation and regulate high blood pressure (hypertension).
Silica can decrease vertigo, headache, tinnitus (buzzing of the ears) and insomnia.
Silica can help diabetes by promoting synthesis of elastase inhibitor by the pancreas.
Silica can help arterial disease by strengthening the blood vessels. Studies confirm that with age, silica disappears from the aorta, the heart’s key blood vessel thus weakening its critical connective tissue and resulting in a greater cardiac risk.
Silica can help prevent Tuberculosis.
By improving the elasticity of the joints, silica helps rheumatism.
Silica has inhibitory effects on coronary diseases.
Silica can help avoiding or alleviating Alzheimer’s disease by preventing the body from absorbing aluminum and may flush out aluminum from the tissues. Silica can stimulate the immune system.
Here are the recommended steps for using Diatomaceous Earth as a detoxification agent and to protect bones and joints:
- Take about one teaspoon of food-grade Diatomaceous Earth with water once a day. It’s best used on an empty stomach at least one hour before or two hours after eating.
- Drink an additional cup of water after each dose of DE to improve its effects. In general, make sure to consume plenty of water and electrolytes with DE to stay well-hydrated.
- Increase your dosage slowly over several weeks, working your way up from one teaspoon to two teaspoons daily, or one tablespoon max. Split the dosage into two parts taken in the morning and one at night.
- Take DE 10 days on and 10 days off for 90 days to effectively and safely detox. Another, better strategy, is to take it daily for a few weeks at a time as you track your symptoms, stopping and starting again throughout the year. It’s safest when you give your body breaks and don’t use it continuously for very long periods of time.
- As a note of caution, initially you might notice some mild ‘side effects’ that can develop as your gut environment changes, yeast dies off and your body releases stored toxins. This can include mild headaches, fatigue and flu-like symptoms, which should diminish within a couple weeks.
Your stools may also vary in the beginning, as your intestines release toxins sand are being scrubbed clean.
Wondering what DE taste like? It’s basically tasteless and has a rough, gritty texture. Since it will not dissolve, stirring several times while drinking will prevent settling. Some have experienced higher energy levels, so it is probably better not to take it right before sleeping. No worry about getting too much – any excess silica not needed by the body is automatically eliminated through the blood stream, kidneys and intestines.
The cheapest way to get Diatomaceous Earth is to search for it on eBay and look at trusted sellers (trusted companies). Make sure you get food-grade Diatomaceous Earth.